- Turf Establishment
Establishment refers to the process of ensuring the final
turf surface is healthy and suitable for its intended use
well into the future. It involves the final leveling of the
playing surface; accurate selection of turf type; ensuring
soil pH is satisfactory and that required nutrients are added
in suitable quantities. Seed or sprigs and fertilizer is applied at
the required rates and the watering system is set and measured.
|Over the following three weeks the progress of germination
is diligently monitored to ensure an even cover of grass growing at even rates. Nutrient
levels are maintained until the new surface is established - when the root system is secure and the
healthy longevity of the turf is confirmed.
is it required?
• To ensure the final surface levels are accurate.
• To ensure a strong and healthy beginning for the turf.
• To ensure the turf gets all the nutrients it requires
for a long and healthy future.
• To establish a strong and secure root system.
• To make sure the watering system provides full coverage
in appropriate quantities.
• Because you are making an investment and want a playing
surface that will remain strong and
vibrant for decades to
• What is the appropriate turf for the region and the
use it will be put to?
• Is the soil pH suitable for the intended turf type?
• What nutrients and in what quantities need to be added
to the soil to establish and maintain the
• What are the required application rates for seeds/sprigs and
fertilizer to ensure good coverage?
• What are the required application rates for water
depending on the season and turf type?